Metabolic Boost Program
Maintain your weight and feel great!
This program is about you and nobody else. It doesn’t matter what anyone else thinks of your weight. And all the messages we get from the outside about how we “should” look or what our “ideal” weight might be doesn’t matter here, and now’s the chance to free yourself from those internalized judgments. What matters here is doing something for yourself to feel better or even great in your own skin. Those are the only results that matter. Are you ready?
First things first.
Despite the recommendations below, you decide how you want to use this program. What’s your pesronal goal? Which parts will you adopt? Which parts won’t suit your lifestyle? All these decisions are yours to make and should align with the results you most want. Needless to say, if you commit with 10% energy, you’ll benefit about 10%. And that’s okay. No judgment. Just keep any expectations in line with what you’ll be putting in. I can say from personal experience that these tools can and do make a difference.
- Daily (yes daily!) – Practice either the full or short version workout.
- 1x a week – If you can, practice the full version workout, You should eat your “p” fruit only during the 10 AM to 6 PM or your chosen food intake period.
- Begin an overnight fasting program. Eat no later than 6 PM and take no food until the following morning after 10 AM. No dieting required. Just eat healthy avoiding processed carbs, unhealthy fats, and white sugar. Intermittent fasting has been show to: help with weight and fat loss, prevent or improve disease conditions, and increase lifespan. For more details and personalizations available on 16:8 intermittent fasting, please refer to this article.
- Every morning – practice either Sodarshan Chakra Kriya or Alternate Nostril Breathing for at least 5 minutes or practice the laugh yoga in the morning or evening if you prefer.
- Repeat for a total of 30 days. Voila!
The rule is to do your best…no less. And certainly not more. That “best” may change day to day depending on things like how you slept, unexpected events or obligations, moods, or even energy levels.
I’m here to help. So if you need a little accountability boost or some help overcoming resistance, don’t hesitate to reach out.
FULL Version Workout
This Kundalini yoga kriya is not an easy one! The purpose of it is to get our energy flowing and boost our metabolism. This takes some effort, as we need to completely dislodge the body and mind’s stagnant energies and blocks. Do what you can and build up to the full workout. Rest when you need to. This isn’t about punishing yourself. It’s about building up to break through. (Just an FYI: Even for me, this workout is rarely a piece of cake. Some days are better than others. Everyone is different and you may find your best is different from day to day. It’s all okay!)
SHORT Version Workout
We want to develop a daily practice, but the full version workout may be totally out of the question for most of us…if not for time’s sake, then because of its intensity. Hence, here is a shorter, easier version to help you stay on track.
Sodarshan Kriya (Breathwork)
This kriya is, according to Yogi Bahjan, the “diamond gem” of all yoga practices. It improves one’s immunity, cardiovascular and respiratory health, and overall well-being. You can learn more about it along with some additional instruction and modifications here.
Those with health conditions that make this kriya difficult can substitute with a simple Alternate Nostril Breathing.
Why laugh yoga? The practice of laughter for healing has roots in ancient folk medicine. Laughter reduces pain, shifts moods, boost our immunity, and burns calories. But that’s not all. For more information about the benefits of laughter, please take a moment to read this article.